Looking for an air conditioner in North Bay?
For great air conditioners and complete home heating and cooling systems, homeowners in North Bay can count on Reliance™. We’ve been helping keep Canadians comfortable for more than 50 years, and we’ll work hard to keep you comfortable too.
We’ve got a team of Home Comfort Advisors and technicians who live and work in North Bay. Our experts are ready to help you choose the best central air conditioning system for your family, and you can count on us for fast and professional installation, repair and maintenance services.
Want to learn more about your air conditioning options? Check out our AC resources.
Should you rent or buy your air conditioner?
At Reliance Home Comfort™, the choice to rent or buy is always up to you. Many homeowners aren’t sure whether they should purchase or rent their air conditioning unit. If that sounds like you, here are five things to keep in mind:
Buying your air conditioner
- Buying requires an upfront investment, but owning your air conditioner may add value to your home.
- When you buy, most repairs will be covered by your equipment warranty – until it expires. Then, you’ll be responsible for these costs.
Renting you air conditioner
- Renting means you’ll pay for your AC through a low, monthly rental fee.
- When you rent, your rental fee will also cover most repairs and maintenance.
Here’s more information about the decision to rent or buy your air conditioner.
Choosing the right air conditioner in North Bay
When it comes to air conditioners, finding the make and model that’s the right size and has the right amount of power for your home is key. But with so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Your Home Comfort Advisor is here to help. We’ll carefully assess your home cooling needs before offering a custom solution that is efficient, reliable, and will get the job done.
Here are a few questions we may ask:
How large is your house?
The amount of space you want to keep cool plays a large role in determining which AC will be the ideal fit.
When you choose Reliance, we will conduct a complete, detailed analysis of your home’s cooling requirements, ensuring that you have the optimal system.
How is your home insulated?
The amount and type of insulation in your home can also affect your choice in air conditioner. Even your windows can make a difference!
How important is energy conservation?
If energy conservation is a priority, we’ll point out ENERGY STAR® certified air conditioning systems with high SEER ratings.
Brands We Carry
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to work with top-name brands, including:
Why Choose Reliance™?
- We’ve got more than 50 years of heating and cooling experience.
- We’re dedicated to local communities, with teams of heating and cooling experts who live and work across Canada, including in North Bay.
- We answer the phone 24/7/365, so you’re never alone in a home comfort emergency.
- We offer fast, professional service. Guaranteed.
- We work with top-name brands and offer complete home comfort services.
Those are just a few reasons we earn top marks on review sites like Google and HomeStars.
Call on Reliance™ for your complete home comfort:
- Water Heaters
- Water Purifiers
- Protection Plans
Why Choose Reliance?
Many of our locations have been awarded Best of HomeStars 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep your air conditioning unit running efficiently and without interruption, we recommend having it serviced once a year. Booking a professional AC inspection may help identify and correct any small issues and may prolong the life of your unit. At Reliance, our trained technicians are familiar with all the models we offer.
- Look for an ENERGY STAR® certified air conditioner with a high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). Most air conditioning units have a SEER rating between 13 and 21. A higher number indicates a more energy-efficient unit, which may help lower your utility bills.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat so you can control your energy usage when you are not home.
- Close your windows and doors when the AC is running.
- Remember to change your furnace filter, even during the summer.
Ask your Home Comfort Advisor! They should know whether the local utility in North Bay offers rebates to help offset the cost of buying or renting an energy efficient air conditioning system. And they’ll point out air conditioning units that may qualify.