Furnace Installations, Rentals and Repairs in Barrie
Whether you need a new furnace, repair, installation, or a complete HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), investing in your home heating system may affect your quality of life for years to come.
Relaxing in the warmth of your own home is another favourite winter past-time for many people living in Barrie. And while you may not spend much time thinking about your furnace and HVAC system, your heating equipment plays a vital role in keeping your home comfortable.
Check out our furnace resources to learn more!
When you choose Reliance Home Comfort™, you’ll be treated with the care and attention that you deserve. We’ve been installing and servicing furnaces, boilers, and HVAC systems in residential homes for over 60 years.
Our furnace experts begin by completing a thorough assessment of your home and calculate your heat requirements to make sure your furnace is sized properly.
We’ll then help you choose from a wide assortment of energy efficient home heating systems. Whether you’re looking for an electric furnace, modulating furnace, boiler, or just a new furnace to provide reliable heating and cooling for your home we offer a range of models from top brands like SmartAir™, Amana®, Carrier®, Goodman®, Rinnai and Lennox .
At Reliance™ you always have the option to rent or buy and whatever option you choose, all furnace installations are completed by fully licensed Reliance™ installers and backed by some of the best guarantees in the industry.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FURNACE AND A BOILER?
Both furnace and boiler systems work to keep your home comfortable and warm. If you are upgrading your heating system, your choices are probably limited by your home’s architecture and only certain types of systems will work properly.
If you are not sure of what type of system you have, or you want to understand how both systems work when making heating decision for a new home, there are a few key differences you should be aware of.
A furnace uses gas, oil or electricity to create heat, which warms up air by a heat exchanger. This heated air is distributed throughout your home, typically by a series of ducts.
A boiler is sometimes called a hydronic system. Boiler systems are often found in older homes and do not require ductwork. Instead, a boiler uses a fuel source to heat a fluid like water or glycol which is pumped to radiators and in-floor heating loops that heat your home.
Here are a few more features that a boiler can offer:
- Hot Water Heater: A boiler can double as your home’s hot water heater, providing hot water for your kitchen, bathrooms, and washing machine.
- Radiant-heating: Keep every room in your home warm by connecting your boiler to decorative, efficient panel radiators and baseboard heaters.
- Toasty floors: Enjoy the luxury of heated floors! With underfloor tubing connected to your boiler, cold feet could be a thing of the past.
- Melt your driveway: Under-the-driveway tubing connected to your radiator could keep your driveway and walkways snow-free, often without shoveling.
- Heat your pool and hot tub: Indoor and outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs can be heated with your boiler, while never mixing with pool or spa water.
- Warm your towels: Bring some spa luxury into your home with a hydronic towel warmer.
These spa-like features may require additional home renovations and come with added costs.
Want to learn more about boilers? Check out our Boiler FAQs.
INSTALLING MY FURNACE
Even if you’re handy around the house, installing something as complicated as a new home heating, cooling, humidity control, and venting system should be left to the professionals. Only a certified HVAC technician can ensure that your system is safely installed and operating properly.
And getting a new furnace should never just be about removing your old unit and replacing it with a new one of the same size. At Reliance™, our home heating advisors are familiar with the latest technologies, leading brands, models and add-ons. Our installers will conduct a thorough assessment of your home and recommend a home heating system that is the right size, right configuration, and right model for your home and your lifestyle.
Here are a few furnace installation FAQs:
Why is the size of my furnace so important?
An incorrectly sized furnace is not just inefficient; it will wear out more quickly and may cost you more money in the long run.
How long will it take to install my furnace?
It usually takes between a half-day and a full day to properly install and test a furnace, and to clean up afterwards.
How should I prepare for my furnace installation?
Before your installers arrive, it’s a good idea to make sure your furnace room is clutter-free, clean, and well lit. Keep pets and children away from the work area. If you are installing internet-enabled equipment be prepared to provide your Wi-Fi password.
Why can’t I just install my own furnace?
A poorly-installed furnace can be a fire-hazard or could leak deadly poisonous carbon monoxide. At Reliance™, our installers take your safety seriously. We have zero tolerance for poor furnace installations.
What if my furnace isn’t working properly after installation?
If you think there’s a problem with your new heating system, help is only a phone call away. With one of the largest networks of furnace technicians in Barrie, we can be at your house in a quickly to see what is going on.
Ask about our ‘Next Day or Receive $500 off’ installation guarantee
We’ve all heard about homeowners who ordered a new furnace when their old one failed mid-winter and had to wait days for installation. At Reliance™, we don’t think that’s good enough. That’s why we created our ‘Next Day or $500-off’ installation guarantee. Now you can order a new furnace during an emergency and know that we’ll be there for you.
Call us now or book a FREE in-home consultation online today.
WHAT FURNACE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Winters in Barrie can be long and cold; it’s important to choose a furnace that is the right fit for your home, your lifestyle, and the weather outside. You may also want to consider other factors. Are you looking for energy efficiency? Price? Special features? With so much to think about, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
The furnace experts at Reliance™ can help. We’ll take the time to answer all your questions and consider your home heating needs so you can make your choice with confidence. After all, choosing the right furnace for your home is about more than just comfort, it may help you save money on your heating bills.
HOW CAN A HIGH EFFICIENCY FURNACE HELP REDUCE MY ENERGY BILLS?
According to Natural Resources Canada, space heating can represent up to 63% of your home’s energy use and offers the most potential for cutting your energy bill*.
When you choose an energy efficient furnace, you’ll be kept warm through even the coldest winter days and may enjoy lower heating bills as well. Consider the following:
- New furnaces can be 95% efficient or more AND cost less to run.
- An ENERGY STAR certified forced-air furnace fueled by gas uses 6% less energy, on average, than a standard model* and can help you reduce your carbon footprint as well as your energy bills.
- An older HVAC system can be a strain on your energy bills and your bank account, requiring more furnace maintenance and potentially costly repairs.
Ask your Reliance™ Home Comfort Advisor about whether there are new furnace rebates available in your area to assist in the purchase of a new furnace. Rebates are usually provided through your natural gas utility. The actual amount you may qualify for may vary. We’ll help you understand the process, what products qualify, and what other requirements there are in order to apply.
Call us now or book a FREE in-home consultation online today.
SHOULD I RENT OR BUY?
Choosing a new furnace is an important decision for any homeowner. Once you know what you need, the next step is deciding whether you should rent or buy.
Your Reliance Home Comfort advisor can walk you through the options, so you can make the best choice for your family’s comfort and budget. Here are a few things you’ll want to consider:
- There is no upfront cost and you pay for your system through affordable monthly payments
- Renting frees you from ongoing maintenance and most repair costs
- Annual service, filters and humidifier pads are included with your Reliance rental
- You can take advantage of available government mail-in rebates and incentives
- Buying your furnace means you have to cover the cost of your system upfront
- Buying involves a higher upfront cost, but owning your furnace may add value to your home
- If you buy your furnace, you will be responsible for all maintenance and unexpected repairs
- Buyers can protect themselves from unexpected repair costs through one of our comprehensive Protection Plans
Call us or book your free in-home consultation online today.
Here are a few more reasons why homeowners in Barrie choose Reliance™:
- Benefit from working with one of the largest furnace providers in Canada.
- Our industry knowledge. Built over 60 years.
- Our live support. Help is always only a phone call away, 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- We have GPS-based dispatching, which will ensure we get a technician to you fast
- Our trucks are stocked with all the parts needed to complete repairs on the first call
- Our Home Comfort Advisors. They can answer your furnace questions and let you know about any available furnace rebates.
- Next day installation or $500
Call today or Book an in-home consultation online today.