Furnace Repair in Richmond Hill
Fast, reliable home heating repairs and maintenance, when you need it.
If your furnace is not keeping your family warm this winter, you may be wishing for an early spring. With RelianceTM, help is just a phone call away. We have one of the largest teams of professional furnace technicians in Richmond Hill, and we can be at your home fast to troubleshoot and resolve your heating problem.
The furnace experts at Reliance can repair different types, makes, and models of furnace or boiler systems. We can also service your furnace to keep it running efficiently all winter long. Regular furnace maintenance may reduce your home heating bills and could prevent an unexpected furnace repair.
Our fast, friendly and efficient furnace technicians always aim to make your home cozy again, so you can get back to enjoying winter in Richmond Hill. Whether your ideal day includes outdoor skating at Richmond Green Skate Trail or taking in a show at Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts we want you to come home and relax in comfort.
Schedule a visit from one of our furnace technicians online or give us a call.
Learn more about your furnace in our furnace resource section.
Your 5-Point Furnace Repair Checklist
Reliance Home ComfortTM is always happy to send someone to resolve your home heating problems. But here are five simple things you can check before you give us a call.
- Check your thermostat and make sure it’s set to ‘heat.’
- Look for the disconnect switch located on the nearby wall. Make sure your furnace hasn’t been switched off by mistake.
- Check your home’s breaker panel to see if the circuit breaker marked ‘furnace’ is in the correct position.
- Look outside to see if your furnace air vents are blocked by snow, ice, debris or small animals. You should always leave a thorough furnace air vent inspection to an HVAC technician.
- Check your furnace filter to see if it’s dirty. A dirty filter may cause your furnace to under-perform. Most furnace filters need changing or cleaning every three months, or according to the recommendations of your equipment manufacturer. However, 4 or 5 inch media filters can be changed every 6 months to a year depending on manufacturer specifications”.
YOUR FURNACE FAQs
Here are a few of our most common home heating questions:
How does my furnace work?
Your furnace keeps your home warm by heating up air inside a combustion chamber and distributing it to various rooms in your house, typically through ductwork.
How does my boiler work?
Your boiler keeps your home warm by heating up a liquid – usually water or glycol – and pumping it to radiators or other radiant heating devices located throughout your home.
How do I know if I have a boiler or a furnace?
Boilers are most commonly found in older homes. If your home has radiators instead of heating vents, you probably have a boiler system.
How can I lower my home heating bills?
Reducing your home heating bills without compromising comfort may be easier than you think. Here are a few suggestions:
- If your home has an older furnace, consider upgrading to a modern high efficiency condensing furnace. You’ll conserve energy without compromising warmth.
- Install a programmable thermostat to monitor and control your energy use.
- Reduce heat loss by sealing any leaky windows. If your windows are old, consider replacing them.
- Seal any cracks in your home, and consider adding more insulation to your attic and basement.
- Hire an energy auditor to identify opportunities to conserve energy. Government rebates may be available to help you cover the cost.
Is a high efficiency furnace a wise investment?
A high efficiency furnace has an AFUE rating 92% and 98% energy efficient. If reducing your energy consumption is important to you, a high efficiency furnace may be a wise investment. At Reliance, you have the option to rent or buy.
What are the benefits of a whole home humidifier?
A whole home humidifier works to increase the humidity levels in your house. This promotes healthy indoor air and may make the air in your home feel more comfortable.
What can I do to keep my furnace running smoothly?
Most homeowners are not qualified to repair their furnace. But there are a few things you can do to keep it running smoothly:
- Remember to change or clean your furnace filter every three months, or according to the recommendations of your equipment manufacturer.
- Dust your heating vents and radiators, and make sure they are kept clear.
- Keep the area around your furnace unit clear.
- Schedule an annual furnace inspection with an HVAC professional.
Learn more about furnace maintenance in Richmond Hill.
When should I call for a professional furnace inspection?
If you notice any of the following, it’s a good idea to seek the advice of an HVAC professional:
- Your furnace is not keeping your home warm like it used to.
- Your home heating bills are higher than usual, and you don’t know why.
- Your furnace unit is leaking water.
- You notice strange noises coming from your furnace.
Should I buy or rent my new furnace?
When you choose a furnace from Reliance, you have the option to rent or buy. Here are a few things to consider to help you make the right choice for your lifestyle and your budget:
- Buying a furnace is a large investment, but it can increase the value of your home. If you own your furnace you will be responsible for all repairs once your warranty expires, so it’s a good idea to consider a comprehensive Protection Plan to avoid potentially costly repairs.
- Renting a furnace means you’ll benefit from affordable monthly payments, plus there’s no charge for repairs or replacement of your rental equipment4
When I upgrade my furnace should I change my AC too?
It can make sense to upgrade your AC when it’s time for a new furnace. That’s because units designed to work together, can only communicate with their matched system.
Didn’t find the information you need? Your Reliance Home Comfort Advisor can answer your home heating questions so you can choose the furnace or boiler that is right for your home, your budget, and your lifestyle.
WHY CHOOSE RELIANCE?
When you choose Reliance you benefit from the experience and buying power of a national company combined with the fast, friendly, and reliable service of our Richmond Hill-based HVAC professionals.
We also offer:
Upfront pricing you can understand – We’ll tell you how much your home heating repairs will cost before the work begins.
24/7 support, 365 days a year – We answer the phone, whenever you call. And we’re always ready to send a furnace professional to your door fast.
Save 10% off your furnace repair bill* – When you sign up for any Reliance Home Comfort Maintenance or Protection plan you automatically save.
A choice of payment options – We accept Visa, MasterCard, and cheques.
Our Furnace Technician Code of Conduct – Our HVAC professionals promise to call ahead, treat your home with respect, act professionally at all times, take adequate safety precautions whenever necessary, diagnose your home heating problem, offer the right solution, and get it fixed fast.
Our guarantees – We offer some of the best guarantees in the industry. Learn about our home heating guarantees home heating guarantees
We’re here to help Richmond Hill. If you have any home heating questions or concerns, Call on RelianceTM.