Looking for an EV Charger? Reliance Now Has You Covered!
You’ve decided to invest in an electric or plug-in hybrid car to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, decrease your household’s carbon footprint, and save on vehicle expenses. And now you want to make sure you are getting the right EV charging station for your home. We are here to help you through every step of the process.
About EV Chargers
Reliance is Now Offering the Flo Home™ G5 and the Flo Home™ X5 Level 2 EV Charging Stations.
FLO Home™ G5 – EV Charging Station
FLO Home™ X5 – Smart EV Charging Station
Here’s Why Getting Your Level 2 Home EV Charging Station From Reliance Will Be a Game-Changer
- Faster Charging Time – Be ready to go when adventure calls. The Flo Level 2 charging station charges 4.25 times faster than a Level 1 standard receptacle
- End to End Service – We will take care of the whole process from consultation to professional installation to service and 24/7 live support, 365 days a year
- High Quality EV Charging Stations – FLO Home Level 2 charging stations are made right here in Canada and built for the Canadian climate
- Professional Installation – Our licensed electricians will make sure the job is done professionally, correctly and to the highest safety standards
- Worry-Free Rental – Renting your EV charging station? We’ve got you covered for repairs and support for your entire rental period
- Knowledgeable Help – Our Home Comfort Advisors can help you choose the right EV charging station and guide you through every step
What’s Involved in Getting a Level 2 EV Charging Station from Reliance?
There is a lot to consider and many steps to take to make sure you get the charging station that is right for you, in the best spot, along with making sure it is installed safely.
A friendly and knowledgeable Reliance Home Comfort Advisor will set up a free, in-home consultation and discuss the different options and locations for the charging station with you.
Next, a licensed electrician will complete a full site inspection including reviewing the current electrical configuration in your home to determine your specific installation needs. For example, you may require an electrical panel upgrade.
When everything is ready to go, our electrician will return to expertly make all the necessary upgrades, install the charging station and give you a full walkthrough on how to operate it.
EV Chargers FAQs
A FLO Home Level 2 EV charging station is wired into a dedicated 208-240V AC, 40Amp circuit at 60 Hz.
Level 1 chargers plug into a standard household outlet, and the Level 2 chargers plug into a standard household 240V outlet – the same kind of outlet that your oven and dryer use.
It is recommended that a licensed technician professionally install home EV charging stations. Electrical changes in your home can be dangerous to attempt yourself.
Nope! This charging station is made for the Canadian climate and is certified to withstand temperatures down to -40c and all the way up to 50c outside.
Electricity usage is determined by the car make and model. Level 1 charging vs Level 2 charging uses the same amount. The only difference is the speed at which the electricity is transferred.
The only difference is the FLO Home X5 is connected to your home network and accessible via an app, and the G5 is not.
A network connection lets you configure smart features like a charging schedule and view usage data on a secure online portal. Connectivity also allows the FLO team to remotely monitor the station’s status and provide real-time technical support, ensuring total peace of mind for EV drivers.
Most people like to charge their cars overnight when electricity rates tend to be lowest. Check your local rates to find the best times for you.
- CANADIAN MADE – not only are you getting a stylish design, but you are supporting a local business
- CANADIAN CLIMATE READY – 100% aluminum casing and 25-ft industrial-grade cable that always stays flexible. Certified to withstand frequent use and charge your EV even in extreme weather conditions
- POWER-SHARING TECHNOLOGY – means you can add a second charger to the same circuit breaker as your electric car needs to grow and expand
- BUILT-IN SECURITY FEATURES – protect against power fluctuations in the grid
- REAL-TIME MONITORING – the FLO Home X5 model offers remote monitoring and real-time support
- POWER-LINE COMMUNICATION FLO Home X5 EV Charger – can be controlled using an app on your phone and power-line communication means you can monitor your charging even if your charging station is out of Wi-Fi range.
Why Rent an EV Charger from Reliance?
Over the past 50+ years, over a million Canadians have trusted Reliance to service their home comfort needs. Live telephone support 24/7/365 and friendly, courteous professionals show that we stand behind our offerings and services.
Renting a Level 2 EV charging station like FLO Home from Reliance makes a lot of sense, and it can take the hassle out of dealing with issues and malfunctions.
- Live customer support 24/7/365
- Experienced, licensed electricians
- 50+ years of experience servicing the home comfort needs of Canadians
- Friendly and courteous professionals
- No charge for repairs or replacement of your rental equipment
Plus Reliance has over
5 Star Reviews Nationally