Furnace Installations, Rentals and Repairs in Brampton
Your furnace or HVAC system works to keep your family warm all winter long by operating efficiently and reliably, and by providing energy savings. Your home heating system may not be something you think about often, but just like your roof or foundation it’s a vital part of your house.
Whether you need a new furnace, furnace repair, furnace installation, or a complete HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), your residential heating system is an investment in your quality of life.
When the weather turns cold in Brampton, a cozy night inside with family and friends may be just what you’re looking for. Whether you’re enjoying a meal together or watching Hockey Night in Canada, relaxing in the comfort of your own home can be just the ticket when the snow starts to fly.
Curious about furnaces? Check out our furnace resources to learn more!
Choosing Reliance™ for your new furnace:
When you choose Reliance™ for your home heating needs, you’ll be treated with the care and attention that you deserve. We have professional furnace technicians in the Brampton area who are experts at installing and servicing residential furnaces, boilers, and HVAC systems.
We’ll begin with a complete assessment of your home and calculate your heat requirements so we can help you choose the right-sized furnace to keep your family warm all winter long. We’ll answer all your home heating questions and help you choose from a wide range of energy efficient options – whether you’re looking for an electric furnace, modulating furnace, boiler, or just a new gas furnace.
We offer a great selection of models from top brands, including SmartAir™, Amana®, Carrier®, Goodman®, Rinnai and Lennox.
We’ll help you decide whether it makes more sense to rent or buy, and we’ll have your heating installed by one of our fully licensed installers. Our equipment is backed by some of the best guarantees in the industry, so all you have to do is relax in the warmth of your home.
Furnace vs Boiler
Many homeowners don’t understand the difference between a furnace or boiler. When it comes to heating your home, both can be great options but there are significant differences:
A furnace ignites gas or oil, or uses electricity, to create heat, which warms up air in a heat exchanger. This warm air is then circulated throughout your home via ductwork.
A boiler uses a fuel source to heat a liquid – usually water or glycol – that is pumped to radiators and in-floor heating loops throughout your home. Boiler systems are sometimes called hydronic systems and are often found in older homes.
If you are upgrading your home heating system, your choice may be limited by your home’s architecture and only certain types of systems will work properly.
Added features of a boiler include:
- A boiler can act as your home’s hot water heater and provide hot water for your kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room.
- Enjoy the warmth of radiant heating by connecting your boiler to decorative, efficient panel radiators and baseboard heaters.
- Enjoy heated floors by connecting your boiler to underfloor tubing.
- Enjoy warm towels by connecting your boiler to a hydronic towel warmer.
- Keep your pool or hot tub warm with your boiler, while never mixing your household water with your pool or spa water.
Keep in mind that these spa-like boiler features may come with added costs.
Installing something as complicated as a new home heating, cooling, humidity control, and venting system should always be left to a certified HVAC technician. Not only will an improperly-installed furnace not work efficiently, it could pose a serious safety hazard, so it’s always best to leave it to a professional – even if you’re handy around the house.
Replacing your furnace should also be more than just removing your old unit and installing a new one of the same size. Home heating technology has advanced, and your home heating system should evolve too.
Your Reliance™ Home Heating Advisor is familiar with the latest furnace technologies, the leading brands, models, and new add-ons. After an assessment of your home, we’ll recommend a home heating system that is the right size, right configuration, and the right model for your house and your lifestyle.
Then, one of our professional, certified HVAC technicians will install your unit and make sure it’s working properly.
Here’s what to expect during your furnace installation
- Your furnace installation usually takes between a half-day and a full day to complete, including proper installation, testing, and clean up.
- Before your installers arrive, it’s helpful to declutter the area around your furnace if necessary.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the work area.
- Be prepared to provide your WiFi password if you are installing a smart home heating system.
- After installation, furnace help is only a phone call away. If you think your new furnace isn’t working properly, or as anticipated, we’d be happy to take a look and fix any issues.
Call today or book an in-home consultation online.
High Efficiency Furnaces
Natural Resources Canada has stated that space heating may account for up to 63% of your home’s energy use. It also represents the largest opportunity in reducing your energy bill.
That’s why choosing a new energy efficient furnace may be the simplest way for you to reduce your energy consumption and save on your home heating bills.
Did you know:
- New furnaces can be 95% efficient and they will still keep your home warm on the coldest winter day.
- An ENERGY STAR certified forced-air furnace fueled by gas uses an average of 6% less energy than a standard model*. You’ll reduce your carbon footprint and may see lower energy bills.
- An older HVAC system is almost always more expensive to run, as it is less energy efficient and may require more furnace maintenance and repairs.
Why Choose Reliance?
Many of our locations have been awarded Best of HomeStars 2019