Furnace Repair and Maintenance Services in Kingston
Reliance Home Comfort™ has been keeping Canadians warm for more than 60 years.
Are you looking for furnace repair experts in Kingston or surrounding area?
When a home heating problem occurs, Reliance Home Comfort™ is here to help. We’re available any time of the day or night, and our furnace experts can service or repair different types, makes, and models of furnace or boiler system. With one of the largest networks of furnace technicians in Kingston, we can be at your home fast, so you can get back to enjoying winter.
There’s no need to hibernate when winter comes to Kingston. Whether you’re taking in the breathtaking Lumina Borealis or a Kingston Frontenacs hockey game, the city has something to offer all season long.
But you don’t want to feel the nip of winter when you’re relaxing at home. If your furnace isn’t pumping warm air into your house, it’s hard to get excited about the snow outside.
You may be able to avoid a home heating emergency this winter by having your furnace serviced and maintained. A furnace or boiler that runs efficiently may also reduce your home heating bills. Scheduling a visit from one of our furnace experts is as simple as giving us a call or booking your appointment online.
You can learn more about your furnace with our furnace resources.
It can be frustrating when you realize that your furnace isn’t keeping your home comfortable. Here are a few troubleshooting tips that might just save you the cost and inconvenience of an unnecessary repair call.
- Make sure your thermostat is set to heat. It can be easy to forget to flip the switch if the temperature drops suddenly.
- Make sure your furnace is switched on. Many homeowners aren’t aware that their furnace has a disconnect switch, which is a safety feature that connects the unit to the power source. If the switch gets turned off by mistake, you won’t have heat.
- Make sure the circuit breaker for your furnace is in the correct position. Look in your home’s breaker panel, and check the switch marked ‘furnace’.
- Make sure your furnace air vents aren’t blocked by snow, ice, debris, or small animals. You’ll find these vents on the exterior of your home. A thorough furnace vent inspection should be left to a professional.
- Make sure your furnace filter isn’t dirty. Most filters need to be changed or cleaned every three months or according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If your furnace doesn’t seem to be working as well as it used to, it may be time to change the filter.
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE FURNACE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE IN KINGSTON.
CALL FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE
Buying or renting a new furnace is a big decision. Here are some answers to your most common home heating questions:
What’s the difference between a furnace and a boiler?
A furnace heats up air in a combustion chamber and distributes it through your home via the ductwork. A boiler heats up a liquid – usually water or glycol – which is pumped to radiators located throughout your home. Boilers are more common in older homes.
Is there anything I can do to lower my home heating bills?
Yes. There are many things homeowners can do to conserve energy and reduce the cost of heating their home. A professional can conduct an energy audit to help identify opportunities to save energy, and there may be grants available to help you cover the cost. Here are a few other recommendations:
- To reduce heat loss, seal up leaking windows and cracks. If you have an older home, replacing the widows may be a smart investment.
- Add more insulation to your basement and attic.
- Replace your furnace with a modern, high efficiency condensing furnace. Today’s systems use less energy to keep your home warm.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. Smart technology makes it easy to monitor and control your energy use.
What is a high efficiency furnace?
A high efficiency furnace allows you to conserve energy without compromising comfort and warmth. A modern high efficiency furnace has an AFUE rating between 92% and 98% and often contains smart technology so you are always in control of your energy use.
What is a whole home humidifier?
A whole home humidifier works to keep the humidity levels in your home stable, winter, spring, summer, and fall. This can help your furnace work more efficiently and may reduce your energy bills. Stable humidity levels also promote healthy air inside your home.
What can I do to keep my furnace working properly?
Your furnace unit should only be opened and serviced by a professional technician. But there are a few things most homeowners can do to keep their furnace running smoothly:
- Clean or change your furnace filter, every three months or according the recommendation of your manufacturer.
- Keep your home’s heating vents or radiators clean, and keep them clear of furniture and other items.
- Create a clear space around your furnace or boiler unit.
- Check your external furnace air vents to make sure they don’t become blocked by snow, ice, or other debris.
- Have your furnace serviced annually.
Learn more about how you can maintain your furnace.
When should I call for a professional furnace inspection?
If you notice any of the following, it’s time to call in a furnace expert:
- Inconsistent heat
- A sudden spike in your home heating bills
- More dust in your home than usual
- Unusual noises coming from your furnace unit
- Water leaking from your furnace unit
Should I buy or rent my new furnace?
Upgrading your home heating system is a big decision. Your Home Comfort Advisor can walk you through the decision to rent or buy, but here are a few things to consider:
Owning your furnace may be a good investment in the value of your home. If you buy your furnace unit, you’ll be responsible for repairs and maintenance (once your initial warranty expires). You can protect yourself from unexpected repair costs with a comprehensive Protection Plan.
Renting your furnace may help you with your monthly budgeting. You’ll be responsible for one low, monthly rental fee but we will look after most maintenance and repairs.
Should I upgrade my AC when I replace my furnace?
It may make sense to upgrade your AC and furnace at the same time. Systems that are designed to work together are more energy efficient and will typically help you save on your energy bills.
WHY CHOOSE RELIANCE?
Reliance Home Comfort™ has been keeping Canadian homes warm for more than 60 years. When you call us to troubleshoot your home heating problem, you’ll benefit from our experience and professionalism. We’ll fix your furnace fast, so you can get back to enjoying winter in Kingston. We offer:
- Straightforward pricing – Our furnace technicians will let you know how much your repairs will cost upfront, so you always know what to expect.
- Live support, 24/7, 365 days a year – When you call Reliance™, you’ll always get an answer. If we can’t solve your furnace problem over the phone, we’ll send one of our furnace technicians to your home fast.
- 10% off your furnace repair bill* – Sign up for any Reliance Home Comfort™ Maintenance or Protection Plan and automatically receive a 10% discount on your furnace repair bill.
- Flexible payment options – Including Visa, MasterCard, and Cheques.
- Industry-leading guarantees – We offer a 100% money-back guarantee if the heating equipment we install doesn’t perform as promised. We’ll also remove our equipment from your home. And if your furnace doesn’t keep your home warm during the first 12 months, we offer free repairs – including parts and labour. We’ll also write you a cheque for $500 for your inconvenience**. Learn about our furnace guarantees.
- Professional Furnace Technicians – Our furnace technicians follow a Code of Conduct and promise to always call ahead, treat your home with respect, take steps to reduce any safety risks, be professional at all times, diagnose your home heating problem, suggest solutions, provide transparent pricing, and get your issue resolved, fast.