From strange colours to unpleasant odours and more – there are many contaminants that can affect your home’s water quality. We’ve identified some of the most common household water problems and the solutions to help improve the water in your home.
Hard Water Effects
- White, chalky residue on dishes in your dishwasher? Scale buildup on faucets? Your house might be suffering from hard water.
- What is hard water? Its water that has a high mineral content – minerals like calcium and magnesium can accumulate during the water cycle, in city and well water. The more magnesium and calcium dissolved in the water, the harder it becomes.
- Hard water can result in scale build-up in plumbing, soap scum in showers, tubs, laundry, on hands and hair, and reduce the life of appliances, fabrics and clothes.
Funny Taste and Smell
- Does your home’s water smell or taste of chlorine? Chlorine from municipal water treatment has a characteristic odour and taste.
- Have you noticed rust stains (red-brown staining) on your bathtubs, sinks, and toilet bowls? Excessive iron in your water can cause these stains on your plumbing fixtures and discolour your laundry. While the water may run clear, its high iron content can create rusty-looking stains.
- When you draw water from the tap, does it look cloudy and not clear? This can be a result of a high amount of dissolved solids and particulates in your water.
Contact our water treatment advisors for an analysis of your home’s water – we will test your water, show you the results and recommend the best water treatment solutions for your family.
Water Treatment Solution Set Overview
(calcium and magnesium)