Canadian homeowners are well aware of what’s on the horizon for the next few months: frigid temperatures, snowstorms, ice, wet conditions and more. In order to stay comfortable indoors this winter, it’s important to ensure that your heating and cooling (HVAC) system is well-maintained, fully-operational and in efficient working order. Staying proactive through preventative maintenance or replacing old equipment can help to guard against breakdowns or malfunctions in the deep cold. It can also help to give homeowners like you peace of mind, knowing that your equipment will perform when you need it most.
Read on to learn more about the three reasons to help avoid furnace breakdowns, malfunctions and avoidable issues during the coldest months. Plus, learn about current Reliance™ offers that can help you find the best heating equipment and services for you and your family this winter.
1. An Old, Outdated Furnace Could Lead to Inflated Energy Bills
It’s essential for homeowners to understand that furnaces have a lifespan. If your furnace is starting to struggle or cause problems, don’t wait: consider replacing it with a high-efficiency unit that could deliver more consistent performance and help save you money on your heating bill. Be sure to also check for whether your unit qualifies you for government rebates and incentives.
2. The Coldest Winter Periods Could Mean Longer Wait Times for Service Calls & Furnace Replacements
Having your furnace serviced, properly inspected or replaced sooner rather than later could help you to avoid the long wait times that inevitably happen during periods of significant cold. So don’t wait! Sidestep the winter rush and book an appointment early to ensure your furnace is ready to go when you need it the most. It also means finding a time that is quick and convenient for you rather than competing with other homeowners during the busiest periods.
Time to Replace Your Furnace? These Offers Can Help!
The deep cold of a Canadian winter could take an old furnace out of commission. With such a challenging year, large unexpected expenses can also put a damper on your financial plans. So don’t let an unexpected furnace replacement put stress on your budget! Reliance™ is here to help with great offers. Click here to see offers available in your neighbourhood.
3. Dirty Furnace Filters Can Impede Airflow, Cause Inefficiencies and Affect Your Indoor Air Quality
Rather than waiting until the true cold snap begins, it’s essential to address those dirty HVAC filters now so that your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard. These air filters are designed to trap dust, dirt and debris like hair, but over time this can restrict or block vital air flow, overworking your furnace. If you aren’t replacing your filters on a regular basis, you also risk negatively impacting the air quality in your home. Luckily, replacing air filters is a pretty easy fix. Reliance can help you get the right filter for your home. Our rental program even covers filters for the life of the equipment. Learn more about filters here.
If you’re unsure if you’ve done the replacement properly or your furnace still doesn’t seem to be performing properly, it’s time to call in the professionals. Furnace repairs and replacements need to be completed by licensed professionals, so it’s essential that you contact a reputable company with licensed technicians such as Reliance.
Reliance™ Offers Heating Equipment & Services You Can Count On
Reliance offers more than just home comfort equipment from top brands; we’ve offered dedicated, professional services to our customers for more than 50 years. We take pride in the fact that 1.4 million Canadians call us their home comfort provider. We make promises and keep them, every time, sharing expert advice on products and services in an open and honest way, always exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Our Mission: Our goal is to help Canadians feel comfortable in their home, workplace and community by keeping them warm in the winter, cool in the summer and providing an endless supply of hot water. When homeowners work with us, they can count on the following:
- We’re here for you when you need us – call our live help desk, toll free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Rely on our depth of industry knowledge, with over 50 years of experience in providing home comfort solutions
- Benefit from the buying power of one of the largest furnace providers in Canada – our top-of-the-line brands include: SmartAir™ Amana® Carrier® Bosch® and Goodman®
- Experience the dedication and care of local service providers – our team members live and work in your community and are familiar with your region’s unique needs.
- We stand behind our work and offer some of the best money-back and service guarantees in the business on our heating and cooling products and services, including our 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Learn more about our guarantees.
Making the right home heating decision for you and your family can be a challenge. Your best first step is to speak with a Home Comfort Advisor. Book a free in-home consultation online or call us today!