Water softener systems remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium that cause hardness and scale build up. These are the minerals that can leave deposits on plumbing fixtures and leave your dishes and glasses with a thin filmy residue.
Water filtration systems are designed to remove contaminants along with certain odours from your water. Some filters help reduce contaminants like arsenic, iron or copper along with industrial and pharmaceutical byproducts like hormones and pesticides.
Reliance®’s water filtration line covers a wide range of products to tackle many common water problems. These products include reverse osmosis water filters, chlorine filters and iron filters which can each help ensure your home’s water quality is of higher quality.
All our water filtration solutions are designed to address your water-related concerns and make it easy to improve the water quality in your home. Our water treatment advisors can help identify your particular water issues and recommend solutions for your home and budget.
Signs That Your Home May Be Experiencing Hard Water
- Soap scum on your sinks, bathtubs and shower doors
- Scale build-up on plumbing fixtures and pipes, water heater, dishwasher, humidifier, coffeemaker and other water-consuming appliances
- Spots on silverware, glassware, and dishes
- Soaps, shampoos, and detergents that don’t lather the way they should
- Bright colour fabrics that seem to get dulled quickly in the laundry
There are other potential effects of hard water that you may not notice immediately, such as shortened lifespans of water-consuming appliances like dishwashers.
Potential Benefits of Soft Water
- More efficient lather from soaps and shampoos
- Better-feeling water when washing
- Decreased soap scum on sinks, bathtubs and shower doors
- Possible increase in the lifespans of your dishwasher, pipes, plumbing fixtures and even clothing and other fabrics!
- Reduced spots on silverware, glassware, and mirrors
Depending on your budget and water filtration needs, we can help you determine which system is best for you and your home. Book a free in-home consultation with our water treatment advisor to help find the right solution for you.
Everything you need to know about water purification can be found in our Ultimate Water Purification Guide!