As we all prepare to spend more time indoors after a fabulous summer, this is the perfect opportunity to ensure our homes are ready to keep us comfortable and safe for the cooler – and inevitably colder – weather ahead.
The Fall Home Comfort Checklist is designed to cross every T and dot every I before winter weather hits. Be sure to click the download button so you can have the one-page version handy at home to check off yourself!
1. Turn Off Your Air Conditioner and Cover Your AC Condenser
2. Check Your Furnace Filter and Change If Needed
3. Turn On Your Heating System to Make Sure It’s Working
4. Book a Furnace Tune Up
5. Check Your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors’ Expiry Dates and Replace Batteries
6. Clean Out Your Clothes Dryer Vent
7. Store Patio Furniture for Winter
8. Have Your Sump Pump Tested
9. Inspect and Clean Out Your Gutters and Downspouts
10. Seal Any Leaks Around Windows and Doors
11. Check to See If It’s Time to Change the Filters In Any Water Purification Product You Have
12. Adjust Your Ceiling Fan to Spin Clockwise for Winter
13. Drain Your Outdoor Hose and Turn Off Its Water Supply
14. Rake Leaves and Clear Up Fallen Branches
15. Clean and Inspect Outdoor Lighting and Cameras
16. If You Have a Wood Burning Fireplace, Have Your Chimney Professionally Swept
17. Replace Burnt-Out Lightbulbs
18. Test Your Generator If You Have One
Have questions about your heating and cooling system, water purification, smart home, air purification, water heaters, green home or generators? Call on Reliance® today to schedule time with one of our trusted Home Comfort Advisors. The advisor will assess your home and discuss your needs to find the right solutions for you and your family. Also, be sure to visit our Offers Page to find out the latest deals!