Let’s face it: 2020 was a stress fest with many seeing their stress levels increase after the onset of the pandemic1. With vaccinations gathering momentum, the rest of the year promises to be one focused on renewal, where we can finally reconnect with family, friends and colleagues in the real world and get back to taking care of our physical and emotional wellbeing.
Going for walks, reading, limiting exposure to media, eating well and exercising, as well as using technology to stay connected are all great ways to maintain and boost your physical and mental comfort. Here are four more ways to consider in the coming year:
Breathe a Sigh of Relief
Does spending more time at home have you concerned out the quality of your home’s air? Dust, mold, fungi, bacteria and pollen can all lead to health concerns. A variety of air purifiers and humidifiers to suit your needs and budget are available to improve air quality including:
- Ultra-Violet Purity Systems to help filter particles and germs, as well as sterilize select molds and bacteria that get trapped by your filter
- Ultra-Violet Light Systems mounted over your central air coil use UV technology to help prevent mold and bacteria from multiplying there
- Whole-Home HEPA Filters can help filter airborne particulates that travel through your HVAC
- Media Air Cleaners trap particles like pollen and dust, stopping them from passing through your HVAC
- Humidifiers can be a great help in reducing the discomfort of dry air
- Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV) or Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) replace indoor air with fresh air from outside.
Water Matters, Too
Water filtration and treatment can enhance the quality of water at home and contribute to day-to-day comfort and hydration. Water purification solutions worth considering include:
- Reverse Osmosis, which demineralizes and deionizes water, removing unwanted contaminants and minerals, including sodium, pesticides, chlorine, arsenic and detergents.
- Whole Home Chlorine Water Filters helps purify a home’s water supply, for clean, clear, odour-free water.
- Water Softeners reduce the amount of unwanted minerals in tap water, helping to tackle scale build-up on plumbing fixtures and pipes, water heaters, dishwashers and humidifiers, and provide better-feeling water when you’re washing or taking a shower.
Humans, of course, are social animals. In spite of the isolation many of us have felt during the pandemic, advances in technology have made it easier to connect to family and friends. For instance, consider using a smart home device like Google Nest Hub to make calls and catch up while you’re relaxing on your couch, cooking dinner or even taking a bath.2
Interested in reading more about what trending in 2021? Check out our Ultimate Home Comfort Trends Guide for 2021!