Oakville furnace repair services. So you stay cozy, all winter long
When you come home, you want to relax in comfort and warmth. If your furnace or boiler isn’t working properly, your home may feel anything but cozy. At Reliance™, we’ve been helping Canadians stay comfortable for more than 60 years. And we’re here to help you too.
Getting out to enjoy everything that Oakville has to offer is a great way to make the most of winter. From exploring the snow-covered natural beauty of the city’s recreational trails https://www.oakville.ca/culturerec/trails.html to taking in a show at the Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts https://www.oakvillecentre.ca there’s plenty to keep the whole family happy, all season long.
We offer live support, any hour of the day or night. If we can’t troubleshoot your heating problem over the phone we’ll get an expert furnace technician to your home, fast. Our furnace experts can service or repair most types, makes, and models of home heating system so you’re never left out in the cold.
We can also service your furnace to make sure it’s ready for winter. Regular maintenance will keep your system running efficiently and may help you avoid unexpected furnace repairs and lower your home heating bills.
Check out our furnace resources to learn more. https://relaincehomecomfort.com/oakville/furnace-resources/
5 Furnace Troubleshooting Tips
With one of the largest networks of furnace technicians in Oakville, Reliance™ can always send help in a home heating emergency. But some furnace problems can be solved with the flick of a switch. Here are five troubleshooting tips that could help you avoid the cost and inconvenience of an unnecessary call:
- Make sure your thermostat is set to heat. It may sound obvious, but it can be easy to forget to flip the switch from ‘cool’ to ‘heat’ when the temperature drops outside.
- Make sure your furnace switch is in the right position. Your furnace has a disconnect switch, typically found on the side of the unit or a nearby wall. If the switch has been turned off by mistake, you won’t have heat.
- Make sure your furnace circuit breaker is in the right position. Your home’s breaker panel should have a circuit marked ‘furnace.’ If your furnace stops working, check to see if the circuit has shut off.
- Make sure your furnace air vents are clear from snow, ice, debris and small animals. You can find these vents on the exterior of your house. If they are blocked, you may notice a change in your home heating. A thorough furnace vent inspection should be left to a professional.
- Make sure your furnace filter is clean. A dirty filter will affect the performance of your home heating system. Most furnace filters should be changed or cleaned every three months, or according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Your Home Comfort Advisor can recommend the right filter for your system if you are unsure.
8 Furnace FAQs
Here are answers to your most common home heating questions:
What is the difference between a furnace and a boiler?
When it comes to keeping your home warm, a furnace or a boiler system will both get the job done. Here are the key differences:
A furnace heats up air in a combustion chamber and distributes it through your house via the ductwork and air vents. A boiler heats up a liquid, usually water or glycol, and pumps it to radiators located throughout your home. Many older homes in Canada have a boiler system.
How can I conserve energy and still be comfortable this winter?
To save energy without compromising warmth and comfort, try the following:
- Seal up any leaking windows and cracks to minimize heat loss.
- If your windows are old, consider investing in new ones.
- Make sure your attic and basement have adequate insulation, and add more if necessary.
- If your furnace is old, replace it with a modern, high efficiency condensing furnace. For maximum energy efficiency, pair it with a programmable thermostat.
- Consider hiring a professional to conduct an energy audit on your home. There may be grants available to help you cover the cost.
How efficient is a modern, high efficiency furnace?
Today’s furnaces are much more energy efficient than their older counterparts. A modern, high efficiency furnace is between 92% and 98% efficient. The addition of smart technology like a programmable thermostat allows you to be in control of your energy use, whether you are at home or away.
Is a whole home humidifier a smart investment?
A whole home humidifier may help reduce your energy bills by stabilizing the humidity levels in your home and allowing your furnace to run more efficiently. They also promote healthy air inside your house, which may benefit your health and increase the value of your home.
How can I keep my furnace running properly for years to come?
To keep your furnace in tip-top shape, it should be serviced and maintained by a professional furnace technician. Here are a few things you can do to keep it running smoothly between services:
- Clean or change your furnace filter every three months, or according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Dust your home’s air vents and radiators, and keep them clear of furniture and other objects.
- Keep your furnace exhaust vent clear of snow, ice, and other debris. A more thorough inspection should be left to a professional.
- Keep the area around your furnace or boiler clutter-free.
Check out our spring furnace maintenance tips. https://reliancehomecomfort.com/oakville/spring-furnace-maintenance-tips/
How do I know if I should book a professional furnace inspection?
If you notice water leaking from your furnace unit, that your furnace is making strange noises, that your furnace isn’t heating your home like it used to, that your home is unusually dusty, or that your home heating bills have spiked unexpectedly, it’s a good idea to call in a professional.
When I upgrade my furnace, should I buy or rent?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Here are a few things to consider:
- Renting your new furnace may help you stick to your monthly household budget. You’ll be responsible for one, low monthly payment, but we’ll look after most repairs and maintenance.
- Buying your new furnace may be a smart investment in the value of your home. As an owner, you can protect yourself from unexpected maintenance and repair costs through a comprehensive Protection Plan.
Does it make sense to upgrade my AC when I get a new furnace?
Units designed to work together are more energy efficient and may save you up to 30% on your home energy bills, so it can make sense to upgrade your AC when you install your new furnace.
WHY CHOOSE RELIANCE?
At Reliance™, we’re not comfortable until you are. That’s why Canadians have been trusting us to keep their homes warm for more than 60 years. We offer:
- Transparent, upfront pricing. You always know how much any repair will cost before the work begins.
- Live support 24/7, 365 days a year. If we can’t troubleshoot your home heating problem over the phone, we’ll send one of our furnace technicians to your home fast, no matter where you live in Oakville.
- Savings of 10% on furnace repairs*. When you sign up for a Reliance™ Home Comfort Maintenance or Protection Plan, you automatically save.
- Flexible payment options. Pay with Visa, MasterCard, or by cheque.
- Money-back guarantees. If the home heating equipment we install doesn’t perform as promised, we’ll return your investment and remove the equipment. And if your furnace doesn’t keep your home warm during the first 12 months we’ll fix it for free – including parts and labour – and write you a cheque for $500 for the inconvenience**. Learn more about our guarantees. https://reliancehomecomfort.com/oakville/guarantees/
- Furnace Technician Code of Conduct. Our furnace technicians promise to call ahead, treat your home with care, act professionally at all times, make safety a priority, identify your home heating problem, explain your options and repair costs, and get it fixed fast.