Lower Flow Plumbing
Luckily for the environment and those of us concerned about our water usage at home, all new plumbing fixtures available on the market today are low-flow. What does that mean? Well for toilets, it means that the most water going down with each flush shouldn’t be any greater than 4.8LPF (Litres Per Flush).
For comparison, older toilets could use up to a whopping 13LPF. For faucets, the Canadian maximum flow rate for kitchen faucets is 8.35LPM (Litres Per Minute.) Being green isn’t about hitting the bare minimums though. To all of us here at Reliance™, being green is about doing better than the standards require.
We went on a mission to find fixtures that are even lower flow than the standard low-flow fixtures required in Canada. We are proud to offer the PROFLO® Greenlee toilet that has a maximum 3.0LPF. That’s almost two litres less than the standard low-flow toilets widely available.
For your kitchen, we have the MOEN® ALIGN™ Single Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet that has a maximum flow rate of 5.7LPM- saving more than another 2.5 litres per minute! And for your bathroom, the Delta® Modern Single Handle Project Pack Faucet – Low Flow operates at 1.9LPM.
The PROFLO® Greenlee toilet:
- Uses only of 3.0 litres average per flush
- Has a MaP score of 1000g – MaP stands for Maximum Performance score. In a nutshell, this means how much solid waste this toilet can take per flush. The higher the score the more flushing power the toilet has. *Fun Fact – they do this test with soybean paste and toilet paper!
MOEN® ALIGN™ Single Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- Has a flow rate of 5.7LPM (Litres Per Minute)
- Standard design that mounts on sink or countertop
- Pulldown faucet
- 1 hand lever
- Complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications
The Delta® Modern Single Handle Project Pack Faucet- Low Flow:
- Flow rate of 1.9LPM (Litres Per Minute)
- Attractive Chrome Finish
- Single Hole Mount
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Compliant
- No-Lead Compliant