RULES AND REGULATIONS
“RelianceTM 2020 Ultimate Smart Home Bundle Newsletter Contest”
- CONTEST TIMING: The Reliance 2020 Helpful Home Holiday Bundle Newsletter Contest (the “Contest”) runs from 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 1, 2020 (the “Contest Start Date”), through to 4:00 p.m. ET on December 30, 2020 (the “Contest Closing Date”) (the period between the Contest Start Date and the Contest Closing Date being the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columba, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario who have reached the age of majority as of the Contest Start Date.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Contest is not open to any person who is an employee, officer or director of Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership (the “Sponsor”) or of any agent, representative, partner, affiliate, subsidiary, parent or related company or advertising or promotional agency of the Sponsor or who is a member of the immediate family (i.e. parent, sibling, child or spouse) or household of any of the above persons. One entry per person. Use of multiple email addresses by one entrant to enter more times than permitted by these rules is prohibited and all entries submitted by such entrant will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, visit reliancehomecomfort.com/newsletter-sign-up-form (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions to sign up for the Home Comfort Corner eNewsletter (“eNewsletter”). Existing eNewsletter subscribers will be automatically entered to win. If you would prefer not to participate in the Contest, please contact the Sponsor by email at email@example.com during the Contest Period to request to be opted-out of the Contest. There is no cost associated with subscribing to receive email marketing communications from Reliance.
Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules and/or who has submitted greater than the number of entries permitted may be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or any other au¬tomated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Late, lost, incomplete, illegible, falsified or misdirected entries or entries that are irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all conditions of these rules, will be judged void.
- PRIZES: There is (1) prize available to be won, the Ultimate Smart Home Bundle (the “Prize”), consisting of the Google Nest Yale Lock, Google Home Hub, Google Cam Outdoor Camera, Google Nest Hello Doorbell, Google Nest Protect, Google Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation, Google Nest Mini and Google Wi-Fi Router. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1753.00 CAD. The Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. All costs not specifically identified as being included in the Prize are the responsibility of the winner including but not limited to installation of the products. If the Prize is forfeited, then it will not be redrawn and offered to any other entrant unless the Sponsor decides to do so in its sole discretion.
- DRAW: A random draw of 1 entry (the “Draw”) will be held by the Sponsor on January 8, 2021, in Toronto, Ontario, from all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date.
The odds of being selected in the Draw depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date.
- SELECTED ENTRANT: The Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to contact each selected entrant by email or telephone at the email address or telephone number provided during completion of the e-newsletter sign up form or with the customer contact information on record. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted, or does not respond to the Sponsor’s attempts at contact, within 24 hours of Sponsor’s first attempted notification, the selected entrant will be disqualified and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternative entrant from remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
In order to be declared a winner of the Prize, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question; and (b) sign a declaration and release form provided by the Sponsor certifying compliance with these rules and releasing the Sponsor and its agents, representatives, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent and related companies, advertising and the promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Contest or the Prize.
The declaration and release documents must be returned to the Sponsor by no later than 1:00 pm ET on February 8, 2021. If the completed declaration and release documents are not returned within the time specified, or if the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the manner prescribed, the Prize will be forfeited and will not be drawn for again. By accepting a Prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, city/province of residence, voice, statement and photograph or other likeness for any publicity by the Sponsor, without further compensation.
- RELEASEES NOT LIABLE: Entrants agree that the Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failures of any mail, courier or postal service, communication line or network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website (including the Contest Website) or online service, or any other error or malfunction. The Releasees shall not be responsible for any damage to or arising from any person’s participation in the Prize, including without limitation any damage sustained at the game or during any game related activities.
- RIGHTS AND REGULATIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice to the entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or violates the rules of the Contest. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
TM “Reliance”, “Reliance Home Comfort”, “SmartAir”, “Rent and Relax”, “Call on Reliance.” and the Reliance Home Comfort logo are trademarks of Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership.
Google, Google Nest Learning Thermostat, Google Home Mini, Google Wifi, Google Nest Protect, Google Nest Secure, Nest x Yale Lock, Google Nest Cam IQ Indoor, Google Nest Hub, Google Nest Hello and Google Nest Cam IQ Outdoor are trademarks of Google LLC.